This topic doesn’t require long introduction. Here are my 10 top picks for easy spring decorating updates that instantly refresh your home:
1. A new piece of art will instantly add a feel of spring renewal to your foyer or staircase landing.
2. Change it up with a new light fixture. Add some sparkle with a new chandelier for a kitchen island, bath or foyer.
3. Freshen up your rooms with fresh botanicals – flowering branches and fresh flowers are the easiest way to change decor on a whim (and on a budget).
4. Find a large vessel and turn into an instant attention-grabber. A large decorative bowl, glass cake stand or basket will make a stunning centerpiece when filled with seasonal decorations like moss balls or shells. You can move your centerpiece around – it will look as great on a kitchen island as it will on a dining room table, coffee table or a console table in the foyer.
5. Slip on some white! Light-colored slipcovers add an instant feel of freshness. Go for loose covers if you like the shabby chic look or order well fitted ones for a more tailored effect.
6. You can easily change a color scheme in any room just by purchasing a couple of accessories in the same color. Create a new grouping on your fireplace mantle or a coffee table – for bigger impact choose few large pieces rather than many small ones and remember to create layers of different heights in your “vignette”.
7. Other easy color fixes: nothing changes the look of a tired living room than a couple new accent pillows or a throw on a sofa; refresh your window treatments with a new trim for a pop of spring color; replace white lamp shades with new ones in a deeper and richer color for an instant mood lift.
8. Add some spring feel to your powder room with a fresh coat of paint in a cheerful color or grass cloth wallpaper. Use clear glass apothecary jars to display colorful glass marbles or guest soaps. Get coordinating towels and candles for a finished look.
9. In your kitchen use vegetables and fruit to decorate – display them in glass bowls and on stands. Place herbs in decorative pots and place them by the sink window for a splash of spring green.
10. Another inexpensive kitchen counter “accessories” are bottled drinks that you would buy anyway – get bottled water in glass containers – use Perrier or Pellegrino for a touch of green, or lemonade for a splash of yellow. A row of old-fashioned Coca-Cola glass bottles will look great in a country kitchen that could use a touch of red.